niosense’s mission is to reduce unnecessary stops at intersections, allowing substantial savings of time and money for goods transportation.
Synchronizing traffic lights
niosense uses GPS data from trucks to synchronize traffic lights. The result? a significant reduction in pollution in cities and increased safety for all road users.
A system that is as easy to set up as it is simple to use
niosense offers an open and free solution for cities and governments, with no hardware installation required.
No more unnecessary stops thanks to connected infrastructures
Three major benefits with free flowing traffic:
Operational benefits for fleet operators
When a truck arrives near a traffic signal, the system compiles and sends a series of requests in order to avoid the unnecessary stop of the truck. All this is done without impact on other road users.
- Significant reductions of unnecessary, sudden and emergency stops
- Important time savings
- Extension of truck lifespan (reduced wear & tear
- Reduction in fuel consumption
- Better synergy between infrastructures and logistics
Improved air quality in cities
In years to come, all solutions aimed at reducing pollution are essential and niosense offers a real revolution through its innovative approach.
- Safer intersections for all road users
- Considerable improvements in traffic flow
- Reduction in noise pollution
- Reduction in GHG emissions from heavy vehicles
- Optimization of snow removal operations
Safer for pedestrians and cyclists
There are currently other solutions to offer priority at traffic signals, but they use proprietary technologies and are paid by cities to prioritize specific vehicles. niosense has a radically different business model that allows for:
- the reduction of sudden and emergency stops to make intersections safer
- the increase in traffic flow which allows smoother crossings at intersections for all road users
Major and measurable gains
0.5 L – 3 L
Heavy vehicles waste 0.5 liters to 3 liters every time they stop, depending on weight, speed and conditions, so each unnecessary stop results in considerable losses of time and money.
Transportation currently accounts for 25% of GHG emissions Worldwide.
In urban areas, a truck driver loses up to 20% of his time waiting for traffic signals to change, which significantly increases the cost of all goods and services.
niosense’s solution if adopted globaly has the potential to reduce GHG emissions by 500 million tons annually.